- Maria Lynch (Joanes) was born in Nairobi, Kenya to migrant parents from Goa, India. She immigrated to Canada in 1970. While in Canada, she has lived in Hamilton, Ontario, Montréal, Québec, Toronto, Ontario and Metro Vancouver, British Columbia. Currently, she resides in Toronto, Ontario.
- Maria commenced blogging in 2009. She posts personal reviews on books of interest to her. She reads an eclectic variety of fiction and non-fiction. She also posts descriptions of her travel adventures. It is her personal archive.
Maria’s love for reading and blogging prompted her to engage in writing fiction. She learned the craft of writing fiction from Ryerson University, Toronto and online fiction writing courses from Gotham Writers, New York. It culminated into her novel Beneath the African Sun, a tribute to her father’s legacy in Kenya. She continues to engage in writing fiction.
- M. A. (Leadership and Training), Royal Roads University, British Columbia, Canada (1999)
- While living in Metro Vancouver (1999 - 2010) she was a College Instructor in the Business Department at Vancouver Community College and Kwantlen College. Later she was a Web Tutor in the Business Program at BC Open University (now a division of Thompson Rivers University, Kamloops, British Columbia)
- She served as Board Director at Gateway Theatre, Richmond, British Columbia and at The Gulf of Georgia Cannery, National Historic Site, Steveston, British Columbia.
- B.Ed. University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada (1982)
- B.A. (Economics) York University, Toronto, Ontario, Canada (1981)
- Commercial Teacher's Diploma, Pitman's College, London, England (1969)
- Maria was a high school teacher with the Toronto Board of Education and the Toronto Catholic School Board. She engaged her students in Computer Science, Economics and Math. (1982 - 1998). During this tenure she was Staff Advisor to a variety of extra-curricular student clubs.
Apart from raising a family and updating her educational qualifications, Maria gained experience in the financial sector and post-secondary colleges from 1970 - 1981.
Maria indulges in walking, hiking, travelling, reading and writing. At other times, she volunteers as a Newsletter Editor for for the Rendezvous Club and Club 48, both are retired teachers' organizations in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.